Sunday, September 14, 2014

French Riviera Ice Cream, Double Bay - Mini Post



After a movie night on Friday, Bebski, Mr.P and I thought that the night was still too early to head back home, so we went to French Riviera for some ice cream! It was my first time there. The place was quite small and there was only an old Frenchman which is the owner of the place.

He welcomed us with smile and lead us through the menu as we were a first timer there. We decided to get the Tahitienne which is a combination of 4 scoops of ice cream, whipped cream, rum/chocolate sauce and banana pieces.


There were no one else except us there, I somehow feels sorry for the guy, I think his business wasn't as good as before when Messina or Gelatissimo weren't around yet ;p We ended up getting 8 scoops in our bowl Thanks to his generosity! We enjoy the ice cream bowl while listening to his story from the first time he opened up the first huge French Riviera in Double Bay and the one in the City.


Scoops that we tried includes Salted Caramel, Banana, Passionfruit sorbet, Ginger & Lemon Sorbet (My favourite!), Cinnamon, Coconut, Chocolate, and Hazelnut.


It used to be a popular place for ice cream, even among Indonesians, my friends used to go to the one in the city and got the Rainbow Surprise, a tower of ice cream scoops with all the goodies. I hope people do still remember to visit this place once in awhile :) He made his own ice cream, and the owner is a lovely guy! :)


French Riviera on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^