Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Jones the Grocer, Westfield Sydney


I Finally can tick off Jones the Grocer from my wishlist in 2014! Went here for brunch with Bebski, Mr.P and Mr.WJT on a saturday, I'm surprised there were no queue that time! We immediately got seated and I got the chance to look around and took some pictures of the place before ordering..


Apart from the tempting cakes an pastries display at the front of the restaurant, they also have a selections of groceries in shop, from cheeses, wines, tea & Coffee, and even gifts!







It was almost christmas when I came so they have a lot of Christmas goodies to choose from for gifts..




After looking around the place, we ordered the food and my food came first. I ordered the Beef Cheek Papperdelle - 8 hours braised beef cheeks with thick egg papperdelle, basil, tomato and gruyere. The beef cheek was a winner, tender and juicy. But that's about it. the pasta was undercooked and there was lack of flavour in the overall dish :(  I was quite disappointed cause the description of the dish did salivate me!

Beef Cheek Papperdelle $20
I also ordered a side of veggies just cause I'm in the mood for brocolli - stir fry with garlic and chilli

Broccoli side $8
Bebski ordered the Atlantic Salmon - Grilled Salmon fillet, Cherry tomatoes, coriander, mint, bean shoot and black bean vierge. I'm not a fan of Salmon so I only did try it a bit, it was well seasoned and the salad at the bottom was fresh too, the unfortunate thing is the salmon again was overcooked :( I was expecting the pink salmon in the middle like how they did in Masterchef hehe..

Atlantic Salmon $26
Mr. P got the Jones Burger - Wagyu Patty, melted Swiss cheese, Truffle mayo, pickles, mustard, caramelised onion and home made buns served with rustic chips.

Jones Burger $22
Mr.P also got a sides of smoked salmon which was delish! I don't remember how much they charge for the sides, but i think it's definitely worth it, unlike the atlantic salmon ;p


Mr.Wjt ordered the Corn Fritter - Corn & Sweet potato fritter with poached egg, rice noodle and thai herb salad and tamarind dressing. It was scrumptious! The perfectly poached egg yolk flows down the crispy pan fried fritters, the sweetness of the corn and the tangy salads, everything just works perfectly! I highly recommend the corn fritter! It may sounds simple on the menu, but the flavours definitely delivers!

Corn Fritter $17
And when you visited Jones the Grocer, you can't just miss the dessert time! Cause they are famous by their Sticky Date Pudding! The pudding was warm, smothered in the middle of caramel sauce and topped with Vanilla bean ice cream. Just a perfect end to finish my meal! We did share the dessert which is one of my slightest regret haha, next time, I'm definitely not sharing ;p

Sticky Date Pudding $10
The next dessert that we ordered was the Ice Cream Sandwich with salted peanut caramel & Milk chocolate parfait. The dessert was too heavy for me but it was a nice combination of ice cream, the saly caramel and also the crunch from the nuts, Mr.P loved it and he finished every bit of it!

Ice Cream Sandwich $10
That concludes my Jones the Grocer visit ! :)


Jones the Grocer on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. there is also one in Melbourne Emporium too if you have the chance to visit

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^