Monday, July 13, 2015

Granny's Noodle, Burwood


On a cold day like this, noodle soup is the best remedy to counteract the windy and wet weather and I have been eye-ing Granny's Noodle from the first time they opened back in March. So I went here with hubby and Mr.US last week to try out their foods.

The atmosphere of the place is bright and cheerful with the yellow designs all over the walls and all of the waitress were so friendly which is rare especially in Chinese eatery ;P


The first dish to come is the Sichuan style Soft Pork Bone in Special Chilli Sauce. Stir fry pork with capsicum and onion are the best combination. The dish is so fragrance and the chilli sauce is not too spicy and yet so full of flavours.

Soft Pork Bone $13.80
 Hubby ordered the Pork Belly Noodle Soup. Tried the pork belly a bit, it was so tender and yet fatty. The fat layer was sooo thick .. I'm not a fan of that gooey thing except if they're deep fried to crisp perfection ;P

Pork Belly Noodle Soup $12.80
We also ordered the Fried Chicken Wings. Nothing special about the taste. I was expecting more and the unfortunate thing is some of the wings were a bit under cook. We ended up leaving them behind.
Chicken wings 2pcs for $4
And lastly.. the star of the nightt... Mr.Us and I ordered the number 1 dish on the menu, Braised Beef Noodle Soup. I ordered the special set which comes with Spiced egg and Tofu as a side. The soup is so light and yet rich in flavour, I can really taste star anise and chinese five spice in the broth. I'm not sure if everyone can enjoy the broth. But me on the other hand, I love it!

The portion not to mention is huge... It can easily feed two girls. The beef brisket too has been braised perfectly. It was juicy, tender and just scrumptious! Highly recommended!

Beef Noodle soup $12.80 plus special set $3.20
We walked out warmed and happy .^^.

Click to add a blog post for Grannys Noodles on Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^