Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Harry's, Bondi


I asked my Sister one evening, where shud I go for brunch this Sunday. Wihtout any hesitation she told me to try our Harry's in Bondi. She said they serve simple but amazing food and they got a pretty hotcakes as well like the one we had in Melbourne.

I was so excited so I called my Foodie friends and 7 of us went there ^^ We queue for about 30mins and then we finally were seated in the last table in the corner of the cafe.. The biggest table they got and good thing it was in the corner cause there will be a lot of talking and pictures taking ruckus from our table hehe..

Our table was also pretty close to the half open kitchen so we can monitor the pretty dishes coming out from the kitchen ;P


I got a tendency to order Latte now instead of Chai latte.. I think Melbourne did spoils me with great coffee that I love drinking them now even though not on a regular basis. The coffee was okay for me, cause I like a really strong burnt coffee note than a mild ones.


Mr.R ordered the Good Food Month recommended dish called Toast 2 Roast - Roast Chicken, tarragon, mushrooms, kale on duck fat toast with bacon crema. did not get a chance to try it out but Mr.R said it was great :) Good enough for me to write a review lol...

Toast 2 Roast - $25
Some of us ordered the Pulled Pork Burger which comes with sunny side up, bacon, coffee jam and an extra order for the sweet potato chips that was realllllyyyy good. Can't stop munching on it! The Chilli paste that comes with it complement the burger really well.

Pulled pork burger extra Chips $20
 Mr.P ordered the Beef Burger.

Beef burger with extra chips $20
Now for the girls, we ordered 3 of their special dishes~
First is the Crispy Rolled Egg - Braised Black Bean, Chorizo, Avocado, Cherry Tomato, Coriander and Lime. Loved the chorizo and the egg was crumbed and cooked perfectly! Great combo; the beans was cooked and seasoned very well.


The second one is the Blueberry & Ricotta Hotcakes. The pretty hotcakes, looks almost similar to the one I had in Melbourne. I really got high expectation on this one! Unfortunately, the hotcakes weren't as fluffy and it tasted pretty eggy in my opinion.. My friends said it was good but maybe again, my first hotcakes was the one in Melb, so I was expecting a similar texture a hotcakes should be. But the good thing is, the texture is lighter than the one I had, so u can probably finish the whole plate ;p


My favourite of the day apart from the Rolled egg is the Coconut Chia Pudding - House made Cranberry Granola, stone fruits, toasted coconut. So good! Even though it's better to have a splash of honey on top to give some hint of sweetness. But apart from that, love the texture and the freshness from the fruit adding body to the pudding.


Overall, the dishes they put up are all pretty and tasted delish. The queue can be annoying especially on Sunday, so better get in as early and don't forget to try my 2 faves dishes.. The crispy rolled egg and Coconut chia pudding :)

Harry's Bondi Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^