Saturday, October 17, 2015

The Goni's Schnitzelria, Marrickville


Bebs' colleague at work recommended this place in Marrickville for the biggest schnitzel ever! So last weekend, Beb and I visited this place cause we wanted to witness how big the schnitzy are! We reached there around 1pm and the place was pretty empty..

They also only accepted cash! I've looked at their menu before we came and we ordered immediately.. Their menus range from $24-$35.


Their dining area are wide and there isn't much decoration in the place. It's pretty plain I must say, which give me doubt at first to visit the place. I even confirmed with bebski about the place cause he said that during lunch time, it is usually crowded with customers!


We looked at the only patron dining there that arvo and the plates on their table were massive! So we decided to get just one dish and a starter.
the Garlic bread with Turkish bread sounds interesting. So we ordered that and I'm glad I did, it was crisp and yet chewy, just perfect texture to my liking! The garlic was not too overpowering, just enough to make it fragrant. yummy!

Turkish Garlic Bread $6
For the main, we got the Schnitzel Marinara, which comes with Garlic Prawn and Deep Fried Calamari. At first, I thought there will be a pile of tomato marinara sauce on the schnitzel, but thankfully, it doesn't. Otherwise the schnitzel will be too mushy by the sauce.

The portion amazed me beyond measure! I couldn't imagine how big the deep fryer is! The chicken stuck with one another and it's just a humongous slab of chicken breast perfectly crumbed and deep fried into the square plate. Bebski and I only ate 1/3 of the plate and we took the rest home.

We had that for dinner and 2x lunches before we can finished it up. I think it can easily feed 4 people for $27 $$ Very good value for the pocket!
Schnitzel Marinara $27
As we were eating, the place started to be crowded with people from all ages but mostly oz. I think we are the only asian customer dining there haha! Nevertheless, I'm glad that I followed beb's suggestion to try the place out. It did not disappoint. But lesson learnt, next time when I visit the place, I will surely bring more company with me! :)

The Goni's Schnitzelria Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

2 comments:

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^