Thursday, February 11, 2016

Melbourne Culinary 2.3

Last day in Melb and we're trying to get the most out of it.. First stop is Hammer and Tongs cause I heard from one of my foodie that they got the best Soft Shell crab burger he's ever had and I'm on the quest to proof his testament ;p


When we arrived, the place was pretty empty since it was a weekday. The waiter told us that it was the first day of their new menu. My sis was warning me that we will be their lab rat for the menu and it might not be perfect or even delish.

Was waiting for quite awhile for the foods to come. We saw the Soft shell crab burger sitting out on the kitchen bench for atleast a good 15-20mins! My sis was saying I hope it is not for us. But unfortunately it does! The crab was too dry by then and it was cold >.< I can see that the flavs are good but sorry to say the service wasn't the best and I'm disappointed since hammer tong has been in my "wanted to go" list in Melb ;(


This new dish is their Steak with bone marrow something, couldn't remember. THe beef was cold, chewy and can't see any bone marrow lol. Dont know wht to say ...


The Peach Melba though was amazing! I think they changed their presentation on plate. It doesn't look like this anymore.


After that breakkie, we finally made it to Rice Paper Scissor. Made a booking for five and they have a rule that if you dine with more than 4 people, we have to choose 5 dishes from their set menu. It also came to a surprise that they're actually don't serve rice here! It's too bad cause their dishes are so good eaten with rice! It cost us $29/$39 pp.

The portions were so generous and all of us were satisfied by the taste! So we got the Balinese ROast Duck, Sticky Pork Belly, BBQ Lamb Ribs Mekong Inspired, Crispy Barramundi salad and BBQ King Prawns. My fave would be the pork and lamb! A friend told me their fried chicken is pretty good too. So in my next visit! definitely order that.


Before we head to the airport. As usual, we need to make several stops to buy some foods to go :) Our only 2 destinations as always will be Gyutan Don from Menya and this cute yummy lil buns from Nam Loong. There are 2 Nam Loong on the same street. One is a proper chinese restaurant and the other one is this little place selling all kind of buns and some local chinese foods! Their buns average price is $1.20. I highly recommend the Black Sesame Bun, Egg yolk Custard and the Chicken Bun!


So that's conclude my culinary trip this time. I will still be back to explore more brunch spots and the must eat Asian place in around Melbourne :)

Hammer & Tong Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Nam Loong Chinese Restaurant Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato Rice Paper Scissors Menu, Reviews, Photos, Location and Info - Zomato

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time visiting my blog and commenting on my post :) Hope that we can exchange tips and be Friends ^^